"You've provided a great way to monitor solar activity, and an even better
incentive to learn what it all means!"
"The new program works really well. I have not noticed any problems.
The updates look accurate. It's interesting to look at the past conditions
and try to correlate that to band conditions."
"Very nice program. I can find no flaws and use it constantly.
Sometimes its predictive accuracy is a little scary. I was on 20M,
received a storm alert and within seconds the band died."
IonoProbe is a 32-bit Windows application that lives
in the System Tray and monitors the space weather parameters
essential for HF radio. The list of parameters includes SSN/SFI,
Ap/Kp, X-ray/Proton flux, and Auroral activity. IonoProbe
downloads near-real time satellite and ground station data,
stores information for future use and displays it
in a user-friendly way.
Time-critical parameters, such as X-ray flux, proton flux and
auroral index, are updated every 15 minutes. An alarm can be
set up to notify you of a storm within a few minutes after its start.
- CPU: Pentium 166 MHz
- RAM: 32 Mb
- OS: Win95/Win98/WinNT/WinME/Win2000/WinXP/Win7/Win8/Win10
- Internet connection: 56K or faster
New in version 1.41:
- Software updated to match changes on the NOAA ftp site.
New in version 1.37:
New in version 1.36:
- resistance to errors in the input data improved.
New in version 1.35:
- the new format of auroral data is supported.
New in version 1.34:
New in version 1.33:
- compatibility with Internet Explorer 7.
New in version 1.32:
- downloads GOES-11 data instead of GOES-10 which is no longer available.
New in version 1.3:
- added code to identify and ignore erroneous data in the downloaded files;
- shutdown problem fixed.
New in version 1.2:
- Support of the new NOAA data format added.
New in version 1.12:
- The 70-Kb limit on the input data size removed.
New in version 1.11:
- Compatibility with DX Atlas improved
New in version 1.1:
- Effective Sunspot Number (SSNe) graph;
- Summary Panel;
- 90-day average values of SSN and SFI;
- NOAA text reports;
- data exchange with DX Atlas 2.2 and higher.